Current Documents & Links
We shall provide links to useful websites and articles about the ongoing importance of child-centred, play-based and developmentally appropriate education. Books on these topics will also be detailed here. If you would like to suggest any material to be included here, please contact us.
- Brooker, L., Blaise, M. & Edwards, S. (2014). SAGE Handbook of Play and Learning in Early Childhood (1st Edition). Thousand Oaks California: Sage Publications.
- Grieshaber, S. & McArdle, F. (2010). The Trouble with Play. New York: Open University Press.
- A World Without Play - Literature review on the effects of a lack of play on children's lives - Jan 2012 - by Josie Gleave & Issy Cole-Hamilton
- Too Much Too Soon - The members and supporters of the Save Childhood Movement's 'Too Much Too Soon' Campaign believe that children in England are starting formal learning ...
- Stop Stealing Childhood - Stop Stealing Childhood in the. Name of Education: A plea to ask WHY? Adapted from a submission originally made on 11 October 2013...
- Play is more than just fun - A pioneer in research on play, Dr. Stuart Brown says humor, games, roughhousing, flirtation and fantasy are more than just fun. Plenty of play in childhood makes for happy, smart adults — and keeping it up can make us smarter at any age.